Numbers Individual Sports Quiz
9 June 2015
Are these statements correct, Yes or No ?
1) The world record in high jump for men is 2.45m?
2) Usain Bolt holds two athletic world records?
3) Zola Budd still holds the SA 1500m record for women?
4) The America’s Cup is a yacht race around Manhattan Island?
5) The Tour de France covers 3600km over 21 days?
6) The Argus Pick ‘n Pay Cycle Tour with 31000 cyclists is the world’s largest individually timed cycle race?
7) In golf Tiger Woods is 2nd to Jack Nicklaus in winning the most major tournaments?
8) In tennis Roger Federer still leads the world in winning the most number of Grand Slams?
9) In swimming in the London 2012 Olympics Chad le Clos beat Michael Phelps in the 200m butterfly?
10) The comrades marathon began on 24th May 1921, it is one of the longest 89Km and oldest in the world?
Answers can be found in Chapter six of Numbers in our Lives